Friday, March 16, 2012

AMPLIFIED: TARA KELLY

This was my number one favorite read of 2011, and when you consider how many books I read last year that is one giant compliment for this book. When I originally reviewed it on goodreads I pleaded to Tara Kelly to "please never stop writing books". I re-read this today because I have been dying to revisit this story and I loved it yet again.

Kelly is a master at character voice. Her characters are authentic and so real it is startling. The first time I read this I felt like I was the main character Jasmine in a way that I have never experienced with any other book ever. Her highs were mine, as much her lows. It was especially impressive since I know so little about playing music and I was completely rocking out with the band. And man the sexual tension, suffice it to say it is a real treat. (But hey, what can I say? I love musicians.)

BOOK BLURB:
When privileged 17-year-old Jasmine gets kicked out of her house, she takes what is left of her savings and flees to Santa Cruz to pursue her dream of becoming a musician. Jasmine finds the ideal room in an oceanfront house, but she needs to convince the three guys living there that she's the perfect roommate and lead guitarist for their band, C-Side. Too bad she has major stage fright and the cute bassist doesn't think a spoiled girl from over the hill can hack it. . .

In this fresh new novel by critically acclaimed author Tara Kelly, Jasmine finds out what happens when her life gets Amplified.

BTW, there is nothing overly vulgar (like swearing for no reason) about this book, but it does take place out of HS and there is plenty of rock star life style stuff going on. But, um...did I mention I loved this book?

Read more about my number one favorite book of 2011
HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a great appreciation! I loved Amplified too, and hope Tara keeps rockin' out the awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete