Tuesday, May 8, 2012

CHASING DAISY: PAIGE TOON

There a few books that I have had my eye on, but the only way for me to read them is to actually buy them from Amazon and have them shipped to me (often from the UK). I know a lot of people buy books that they haven't read yet, but I had to stop doing that because I was ending up with all these books that I didn't like that I had spent way too much money on. Chasing Daisy was one of the gambles that paid off, because I loved it.

This one took me a while to figure out where it was going and a while to get into the setting, but pretty soon I was sucked in. As the book goes on the story unfolds and it is full of genuine surprises. The only downside for me was that I wished that it had gone on longer (it is already a long book, why can't we have a couple more pages instead of an epilogue?) But don't let that discourage you. 

This book has a little language, but no graphic love scenes. This is full of complex realistic characters and great dialogue. All in all this is my kind of adult romance. Even though the characters are mid-20s and still WAY younger than me.

BOOK BLURB:
If you fall too fast, you just might crash...
Daisy has been dumped, unceremoniously jilted. Not by any ordinary guy, no... Daisy has a secret in her past that she won't even tell her best friend, Holly. She's given up on men - and on her own family. But life still has to be lived and where better to recover than as far away from home as possible.
Grabbing a chance to see the world, Daisy packs her bags and joins the team catering to the world's highest-paid, supercharged racing drivers on the Formula 1 Grand Prix circuit. From Brazil to Italy, from Melbourne to Monte Carlo, life passes in a dizzying whirlwind. But nothing - and no one - can stop Daisy from falling again... this time for a man who is prepared to risk his life, and his heart, for the sake of speed, danger and ultimate success.

Thanks to Amazon, this is not a hard book to find used for cheap.

Read more about it HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment