Thursday, January 26, 2012

EVERNEATH: BRODI ASHTON


I don't usually read trilogy books until all of the books are out, mostly because I read so much that I can't remember what happened and I have to re-read the previous books. (I just don't have time for that!) I make very few exceptions and one of them is when I know the author. I don't know Brodi all that well, but she is BFFs with one of my BFFs Bree Despain, (awesome friend and author of The Dark Divine series, last book out in March). Brodi is hilarious and has a very giggle worthy blog I check now and then. So I knew I wasn't going to wait until all these books were out to enjoy the world of Everneath.

Ok now on to why I loved the book. Brodi focuses more on emotions and the pull of love and relationships than actual full on action. Her mythology is unique and actually makes sense. (Does she know something about the underworld that I don't?) Our heroine is strong and awesome, but real and vulnerable. It has been a freaking LONG time since I read a trilogy book where I actually was interested in reading the next books. I loved it and I predict this series to be the next big thing. Oh and the cover is beautiful don't you think?

BOOK BLURB:
Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever.

She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.

Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen.

As Nikki's time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she's forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's..

I was at the book launch this week and Brodi is such a great public speaker. If you have a chance to ever see her speak I highly recommend. Her road to publication is an inspiration to anyone who has the guts to truly pursue their dream.

My dream was to become a wedding photographer, and I am one. To see more pictures from the book launch, you can head to my photo blog HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment