Sunday, January 15, 2012

THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE: JANDY NELSON


This is the beautiful paperback cover for The Sky Is Everywhere, and it is much improved because the original hardback cover looked like a cover for a spiritual self help book and NOT a good one. I generally don't dig poems in books, but there are some poems in this one and and they are lovely and add a whole original dimension to this story.

BOOK BLURB:
Lennie plays second clarinet in the school orchestra and has always happily been second fiddle to her charismatic older sister, Bailey. Then Bailey dies suddenly, and Lennie is left at sea without her anchor. Overcome by emotion, Lennie soon finds herself torn between two boys: Bailey's boyfriend, Toby, and Joe, the charming and musically gifted new boy in town. While Toby can't see her without seeing Bailey and Joe sees her only for herself, each offers Lennie something she desperately needs. But ultimately, it's up to Lennie to find her own way toward what she really needs-without Bailey.

This book broke my heart and picked it right back up again. It is steamy and sweet and honest and lovely. And the prose is perfection...man it is such a beautifully written book.

Read more about it and see if you might love it to HERE.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED this book. It was so full of highs and lows even in the same page and just beautiful writing. One of my favorites from last year for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it too. I'm glad I waited so long to read it. I was too raw before, but I think I'm better now.

    ReplyDelete