Monday, June 25, 2012

THE SUMMER I TURNED PRETTY TRILOGY: JENNY HAN






For me the books that best encapsulate the feeling of summer is The Summer I turned Pretty series. When I read them for the first time last year they kept me up late and woke me up early. A lot of books keep me up late, but a very small few wake me up early.

I just spent the last couple of days reading them again to kick off the summer spirit. And one thing I realized is how much I love the first book. It wasn’t my favorite the first time, but after you know how the books end the first book gets much better. Also I wish that there were actually four books to this series, but I’ll take what I can get. 

BOOK BLURB FOR BOOK ONE:
Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer--they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one terrible and wonderful summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along.

Even though I am older I still relate to the story, because the idea that my daughter might fall in love with one of my best friend's boys is one of my greatest dreams. (For now at four she says: I can't marry them, they are my boys!) I would love to share grand-babies with my best friend, so that is one of the reasons I love these books. But most of all I love all the love.

If you haven't read these yet, I tell you...you MUST. Seek them out for your ultimate fluffy summer romance, I doubt you will be disappointed.

Here is the first book on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment