Thursday, June 14, 2012

UNBREAK MY HEART: MELISSA WALKER

Before I talk about Unbreak My Heart, I would like to take a second and tell you why I adore Melissa Walker. I have now read all of her books, and one thing I love about her is that her heroine is always so different. Walker’s signature voice is definitely there, but each girl is so well thought out and full of real-ness it is hard not to fall in love with each of them. (My personal favorite being Violet from Melissa’s Violet on the Runway series.) I definitely have a girl crush on Melissa. Why? Because some authors just feel like the get you. How can I not love an author who references one of my favorite songs of all time (Billy Bragg’s Must I Paint You A Picture), and one of my secret favorite songs of all time (Taylor Swifts You Belong With Me) in the same book? So you see, I obviously have a sweet spot in my heart for this author.

Naturally, Unbreak My Heart was my most anticipated summer read. Being greatly anticipated can be hard on a book. It is always so much harder to win over a reader who is too excited for her own good to finally get that book in her hands.

But of course Melissa won my heart again. This book isn’t sending out any strong important messages about the world (except of course forgiveness and love), mostly it is just a sweet story about a girl who doesn’t have the biggest problem in the world, but her problem is big to her. The voice is honest and sweet and just like many in the blog world are saying, it is the perfect summer read.

BOOK BLURB:
Sophomore year broke Clementine Williams’ heart. She fell for her best friend’s boyfriend and long story short: he’s excused, but Clem is vilified and she heads into summer with zero social life.

Enter her parents’ plan to spend the summer on their sailboat. Normally the idea of being stuck on a tiny boat with her parents and little sister would make Clem break out in hives, but floating away sounds pretty good right now.

Then she meets James at one of their first stops along the river. He and his dad are sailing for the summer and he’s just the distraction Clem needs. Can he break down Clem’s walls and heal her broken heart?

Read more about this book HERE. And be sure to check out more of Melissa Walker's books too. They are all great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment